HSA documentation - pre-release v0.1
The reader of this documentation is assumed to have read the introduction material and has the login knowledge as well as sufficient information in regard with the administration control panel.
Once the administration control panel is open, the user can create a new account by clicking on the “New file” button
type in the company name…
… and then fill the information. The policy # should reflect the internal HSA contract #.
We suggest using the “Self-Insured” carrier option in situation where the HSA account is managed without a formal carrier.
Once the account is created, you can fill the company profile information and then access the option.
Although many tabs are currently available to allow billing administrator to manage all their billing activities, HSA client will simply need to first access the billing option then fill the last 2 questions:
Simply check the Activate HSA check box and select the HSA engine. Unless you are using the advance HSA version you should always click on the “Simplify” engine.
Once this is activated you need to leave this client account by clicking on the X on the upper right corner of the sponsor and then access the client again.
You will then see the new option that will be available.
At this point we recommend that you create or add your list of employee.
Please review the general C-surance.ca documentation on how to create or import clientele listing from an excel spreadsheet.
A Quick presentation on how to import a demo list of employee is available at the end of this documentation.
If you access this option you will now be able to create your HSA setting.
Set you bank account
If you have not yet done so, we suggest that you create your bank account(s), by selecting the “Bank account” tab, and then select to either create or open an existing account.
A default bank account should exist, that you could set up to your specific needs. We suggest you create a “Demo bank account” for your testing.
You can create as many bank accounts as needed and then assign each of your clients to the appropriate bank account.
When you open the bank account information you have 3 sections:
- Account information allows you to clearly identify the bank information. A dedicated note section allows you to keep important free format information on the account.
- The check format allows for aligning the important fields on you printed checks. The C-surance.ca staff will set up one configuration free of charge. You will need to send check samples to allow testing and configuration.
- The transaction section will allow for managing your bank information, deposit as well as do your bank conciliation.
To activate the bank concilation option you can select the button and then either approve or quit the conciliation.
When you do your conciliation make sure you set up your date properly before you approve it.
Set your sponsor
To do the sponsor setting: access the “Setting” tab and then select to create a new setting. You can create setting for the whole organisation, any division or class. Please refer to the general C-surance.ca documentation to review the inheritance structure.
As you will notice many fields will be activated as default…
… you can then fill the remaining fields and review the default values to insure they are reflecting your client needs. Make sure you assign the proper bank account to your client.
Once you have set up your client, we will need to:
- access the “Calendar” tab
- click on the button once to activate the button.
- click once on the button.
The system will automatically create your distribution calendar for the selected setting period.
You will then need to click on the button to get the system to activate each event.
The first time you set up your account, will need to do it twice as you need to activate:
- the new period
- then make the first month distribution.
You will need to click on the button every month to get the system to activate each month.
If you have already created your you list of employees you can access the “Billing” tab to generate the billing.
The billing is created automatically by simply clicking on the button. The distribution is made into each employees HSA account.
You can review the billing information
will confirm payment is received and will automatically deposit the net amount into the bank account.
Once the billing is processes you will find the invoice number in the calendar section.
Recording HSA transactions
Once the HSA settings are done, you are ready to record transactions. To do so:
- access the employees by first selecting the
- click on
- Select your employee
- Click on the button to access the employee personal HSA information.
The HSA statement provide with general overview information. The bottom section provides a detailed financial breakdown for each distribution period.
- Select the tab
The transaction section provides the details of each individual transaction.
- Click on the button to register your transaction.
- Fill the transactions information
- Click to process the transaction.
The displayed Results information is mostly for C-surance.ca internal information. This information should soon be replaced by simplified info dedicated to the user.
The only important information to the user is currently to get the message at the bottom.
You can then review both the “Transaction” and the “HSA Statement” tabs to see that each transaction was properly processed and displayed for future reference.
Once your transactions are registered, you simply need to the checks to be printed.
To do so:
- access the through the option
- Select the “Check and Payment” tab
- Click on to display all outstanding checks
- Select to issue checks.
The system will automatically print all the pending checks and assign each of them check #.
Remember that the system will be displaying the information based on the bank account selected.
You can review your check as :
Quick overview about importing Demo employee files:
Import a demo list of employees
Multiple options are available to allow user to create or import employee list. For the benefit of this tutorial, we will import a “demo list of employee” that is available on line. We invite you to read the general C-surance.ca documentation to learn in detail the various available options.
To do so:
- Access the option through the selection.
- Select the button to allow import of external templates
· 2 are English
· 2 are French
· 1 is DemoDATA
- Select DemoDATA.xls then click on OK
The system will indicate the location of the imported file on your hard drive.
- Click the button to allow import external files (selected in your import directory on your hard drive)
- Select the needed file and click on
- Review the Effective date to insure that import will be effective prior to HSA contract activities then click on
- Once completed you will see the list of employees and will be able to access them